This is a paid asset, but now you can download The Vegetation Engine for FREE, but please remember this package is provided only for learning purposes or to be able to test before buying the product, NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Detail this asset from Unity Store: Original Link
The Vegetation Engine v8.4.1 (Latest version)
The Vegetation Engine v8.0.0
The Vegetation Engine v7.2.0
“If possible, please buy the package to support the developer”
All asset-related discussions are moving to Discord. Join us for more info, updates, if you experience any issues or if you just want to say hi!
Read the About sections before buying the asset!
Read the FAQ section to find out more!
Read the Howto sections to get started or to update the asset!
Read the Verified section for verified platforms, pipelines and VR support!
Read the Changelog for new featues, improvements and known issues!
The Vegetation Engine is a set of highly optimized vegetation shaders and tools designed to unify any vegetation asset from the Unity Asset Store, SpeedTree, Quixel Megascans, etc. or custom vegetation authored by your team.
With one-click setup and conversion for prefabs, and with a comprehensive set of modular detailing elements, you will be able to easily add high-quality dynamic-wind motion and interaction with unlimited objects or characters, dynamic seasons, global overlay (snow, sand, dust), global wetness, global healthiness for subsurface control, tinting, HDR tinting for fake Lights or GI, size, distance-based size fade or leaves amount, with minimal performance impact!
With the new Object shaders you can now apply global overlay and wetness to unify the props with the vegetation assets. The new Object shaders have vertex painting (Polybrush or any other vertex painting tool) and top/bottom projection height based blending support for even greater detailing.
The Vegetations Engine allows using any vegetation asset with Universal Render Pipeline and High Definition Render Pipeline with a few clicks, even if the asset was not designed initially to be used with Scriptable Render Pipelines!
The Vegetation Engine includes an Amplify Base Function when using Amplify Shader Editor. With over 50 options you can generate your own vegetation or props shaders with only the options you need and the optimizations/quality required for your project!
The Vegetation Engine supports the following Render Pipelines:
● Standard Render Pipeline 2018.3+
● Universal Render Pipeline 7.2.1+
● HD Render Pipeline 7.2.1+
The Vegetation Engine has integration with the following 3rd party tools:
● Amplify Shader Editor – Full shader editing support
● Nature Renderer – Procedural Instancing support
● Vegetation Studio – Instanced Indirect support
● Vegetation Studio Pro – Instanced Indirect support
● GPU Instancer – Instanced Indirect support
The Vegetation Engine supports vegetation created with the following tools:
● MTree (procedural setup) – Powerful tree creation tool for the Unity
● Speedtree – Profesional vegetation creation tool
● Unity Tree Creator – Built-in Unity tree creation tool
● CTI – Advanced vegetation importer tool
● TreeIt – Free vegetation creation tool
The Vegetation Engine supports the following 3rd party vegetation assets:
● Quixel Megascans – All vegetation assets
● Nature Manufacture – All vegetation assets
● Manufactura K4 – Alien Forest / Coniferous Forest / All Tree Creator Assets
● Synty Studios – POLYGON – Nature Pack
● Angry Mesh – All vegetation assets
● ALP8310 – All vegetation assets
● Visual Design cafe – All vegetation assets
● IL.ranch – All vegetation assets
● Forst – All CTI vegetation assets
● Baldinoboy – All CTI and Tree Creator vegetation assets
● TriForge – Winter Forest CTI vegetation assets
● Tobyfredson – Rocky Hills CTI vegetation assets
● Infinity PBR – Book Of The Dead vegetation
● Raygeas 4 – Stylized Forest Environment
● Northeast Asset – Stylized Nature Vol.1
● Digifanter – Big Nature Pack
● Mikael Gustafsson – All vegetation assets
● Custom Meshes – User setup or Procedural setup
● One-click Scene setup
● One-click Prefab conversion
● One-click Prefab revert
● Automatic Mesh conversion
● Automatic Material conversion
● Automatic Texture conversion
● Prefab Converter Presets
● Prefab Converter Presets API
● Prefab Settings Presets
● Prefab Settings Presets API
● Full source code included
● Set the Motion setting for multiple prefabs at once
● Set the Shading setting for multiple prefabs at once
● Easy to use Hub to switch render pipelines or add shader features
● Regular Prefabs, Meshes, and Materials output after conversion
● Prefabs can be placed as Scene GameObjects or Terrain Trees
● Dynamic Wind and Turbulence
● Dynamic Vegetation Interaction (Unlimited objects and characters)
● Dynamic Seasons
● Global Overlay (Snow, Sand, Dust)
● Global Wetness
● Global Healthiness (for subsurface control)
● Global Distance-based Size Fade
● Links to connect TVE with any 3rd party asset from the store or with your own scripts
● Elements for detailing and customizing motion interaction, tinting, overlay mask, wetness mask, size and leaves amount
● Trails for motion interaction and size cutter (initial element shaders with particle support)
● Amplify Shader Editor graph included
● Amplify Base Function with over 50 options to create your own shaders with the options you need and the optimizations required for your project!
● Highly optimized and customizable
● Highly optimized vertex animation
● Standard Lit, and Simple Lit optimized shader models
● Foliage, Grass, and Billboard vegetation shaders
● Bark shaders with vertex paint and height based blending support
● Props shaders with vertex paint and height based blending support
● Props shaders with top/down projection and height based blending support
● Deferred Subsurface approximation support!
● Forward high-quality transmission Subsurface support!
● Batching support for all shaders (with limited features)!
● Detail and Height Based texture blending
● Forward and Deferred support
● VR, Perspective and Orthographic support
● Zero Global Keywords used
● Opaque and Transparent render modes
● Default, Mirror and Flip Normal modes (Identical to HDRP materials)
● Front, Back, and Double-Sided cull modes
● Alpha and Premultiply blending support
● Alpha Cutout support
● SM2 devices are not supported
● The assets used in the trailer videos are not included
● The latest Post Processing Stack 2 is required for the demo scene
● Only the highest SRP version will be supported per major Unity version
● Beta and Alpha Unity versions are not officially supported
● Scalable Ambient Obscurance is not supported in Forward Rendering
● TVE is designed to work with instancing, batching is supported with limited features
● TVE can be heavy on mobile, only high-end devices are recommended
● TVE is not a placement tool, it is a vegetation unification/detailing tool
● TVE is not a rendering engine, the assets rendering will not have better performance over Unity’s Standard/Lit shaders with Instancing enabled
● TVE requires 3 empty layers to work
The Vegetation Engine will not do a 1:1 conversion for the vegetation assets. Even if in most cases the converted prefabs will look almost identical to the original asset, depending on the original shaders, lighting can change, colors can change, various features could not work anymore and the wind animation will definitely be different.
● Atmospheric Height Fog • Optimized fog for consoles, mobile and VR
● Polyverse Wind • Wind shaders compatible with any low poly assets
● Polyverse Skies • Low poly skybox shaders
● Free Skybox Shader • Cubemap Extended shader
Looking for a quick reply to your questions? Join us on our Discord server!
link to the latest version does not work.
Link of 2.1.0 version is not correct 🙁
latest version not working link
That Dude Make Trees
Update for the latest version please
This is very outdated now, please update. I bought premium multiple times and will do again now but waiting for this to update.
Update for the latest version 5.1.0
this is not the latest version anymore major update 8.0 has been released a month ago, please update