This is a paid asset, but now you can download Obi Rope for FREE, but please remember this package is provided only for learning purposes or to be able to test before buying the product, NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Detail this asset from Unity Store: Original Link
Obi Rope v6.5 (Latest version)
Obi Rope v6.4
Obi Rope v6.3
(Tested with Unity version 2020.3.23f1)
Obi Rope v6.2
“If possible, please buy the package to support the developer”
With Obi Rope you can create ropes and rods in a matter of seconds, with complete control over their shape and behavior: Oriented particle technology allow rods to offer torsion/twisting effects. Ropes are more lightweight and can be cut/resized. Both can collide with the environment and with each other, and can be attached to rigid bodies.
This system is NOT based on rigid bodies and joints, unlike other rope solutions. This is based on XPBD particles which makes it more lightweight, detailed, and unconditionally stable.
Available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
Community and Support Forum
– Non-linear, non-destructive rope editing using splines. Get instant feedback on how your rope looks while editing it!.
– Procedural smooth mesh generation using splines, complete with tangent space updating and normal map support. No need to manually generate geometry for your ropes.
– Adaptive curvature-based realtime mesh decimation: straight sections of a rope can generate simpler geometry than curved ones.
– Change rope length at runtime.
– Tearable/cuttable rope.
– Closed loops.
– Two-way rigid body interaction.
– Modular solver: don’t waste performance, only use the constraints your rope needs.
– Per module adjustable solver iteration count.
– Independent stretch/bending stiffness.
– Easy-to-use editor particle tools: selection, brush selection, paintbrush, property smoothing…
– Supports all standard Unity colliders.
– Automatic camera culling: non-visible ropes do not update their simulation.