User Review( votes)
Detail this asset from Unity Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/worldcomposer-13238
But now you can download WorldComposer FREE.
WorldComposer is a tool to extract heightmap data and satellite images from the real world. It can run as a standalone or as an extension for TerrainComposer.
Compatible with Unity 5.1 and higher, 2017.x and 2018.x
Its powerful features let you create high resolution AAA quality real world terrain with a few clicks.
For a quick overview of the main features I recommend to watch the WorldComposer trailer.
I invented a shadow removal algorithm that can make the satellite images shadow free. Shadows in imagery are problematic and removing them makes a huge difference in terrain rendering quality. Instead of having a fixed sun position to fit with the satellite images shadows, you can have day and night cycles.
– Works with Unity Pro and Free, also on Mac.
– Elevation Heightmaps resolution of max 10 meter per pixel.
– Satellite images resolution of max 0.25 meter per pixel. Jpg/png/raw format supported.
– Content aware fill to remove shadows, snow, etc. from combined raw images.
– Create huge multi-resolution terrains with different layers of detail. – Combine raw images to 1 big raw image. E.g. for editing in Photoshop.
– Split combined raw file into tiled images.
– Create terrains directly from exported areas with a click of a button.
– 3 different satellite images types, Aerial, Aerial with labels and roads.
– Global coverage.
– Convert ArcInfo ASCII heightmaps to 16 bit raw grey scale heightmaps.
– Create unlimited regions and areas and export any heightmap size or amount of image tiles.
– Export multiple areas.
– Scroll interface like Google maps.
– Exporting is Multi-Thread.
– Automatic version update inside WorldComposer.
– Works with TerrainComposer (as an extension).
– Works with RTPv3 and Horizon[On] (Optional).
unityassetcollection.com – Get all paid Unity Asset for free