This is a paid asset, but now you can download Mesh Explosion Free.
Detail this asset from Unity Store: Original Link
Mesh Explosion v1.12 (Latest version)
Mesh Explosion v1.3
“If possible, please buy the package to support the developer”
Mesh Explosion is a special effect script that takes any 3D mesh and explodes it out into its component triangles for a cool shattering explosion effect.
YouTube demo and tutorial
* Extremely easy to use: simply drag one script onto your GameObject, and call its Explode() method
* Create fast visual-only explosions, or full physics explosions with fragments that interact with the environment
* Tested and fully working on all Unity versions between 2017.4 and 2020.1, including 2018.4 LTS and 2019.4 LTS
* Includes full C# source code
* Works with free and Pro versions of Unity and on all platforms including mobile
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email [email protected] I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
The barrel model featured in the screenshots is by SFC Paul Ray Smith Simulation & Training Technology Center and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.